Come On Board!
The hospitality and events sectors are growing at a rapid rate. So, it’s no surprise that these industries are seriously hot ones to be a part of right now.
We’ve been generating travel PR and maximising sales through hotel representation for over a decade. That’s a lot of writing, brainstorming, showcasing, handshaking and an unknown quantity of coffee!
So to help us keep up with our growing portfolio, we’re doing a little growing of our own.
Take a look at the kind of jobs you’re likely to find here at Perception. If you see something you like the look of, let us know…
Digital Marketing Intern
We’d love to meet marketeers with personalities as big as their career ambitions. Show us a keen interest in digital marketing and a passion to develop your skills… we’ll help get you there!
You’ll have an interest in travel, a basic understanding of the hospitality and digital marketing sectors and a witty way with words.
A confident and outgoing personaility to fit in with our vibrant team.
Slick writing skills and a great grasp of grammar.
Basic design skills
Experience with Mailchimp
Sound like you?
Say hello! Send us an email to tell us about you, plus one of the following…
- A blog on a topic of your choice.
- An outline of a creative idea you think would work well for one of our clients.
We’re always keen to meet proven Sales Executives. You’ll already be a target-smashing sales professional with an attitude that just won’t quit and a killer confidence in closing a deal.
Always the first to strike a conversation, you have a tendency to make friends easily and you’re in your element when meeting new people and establishing new relationships.
A confident networker, you’ll be ready to establish and develop new client relationships and ensure our existing clients are more than happy.
Your eyes are always open for a sales opportunity. You know what you’re after, and you’re hell-bent on getting it.
You love to talk. On the phone developing business with new clients, or over coffee to explore new opportunities with existing hotels and exclusive venues.
You’re not afraid to ask questions. Lots of questions. Because you know that thoroughly understanding a businesses needs is the difference between a standard salesperson and a hard-hitting, rapport-building Business Development dynamo.
Above all, you’re genuine, honest and confident in what you do. That’s why people like you. We’re sure we will too.
Sound like you?
Say hello! Send over your CV along with an outline of your business development experience and a few target-related figures you think will impress us. We’ll be in touch when something crops up to suit you perfectly.
Travel PR Enthusiasts
We’re always keen to meet PR executives with a passion for travel PR, hospitality and a love of luxury.
Great at building connections, you love nothing more than to be on the phone, pitching in new stories, ideas and finding fresh ways to put our portfolio of luxury hotels and venues in the spotlight…
- Your eyes are always open for an opportunity to generate coverage.
- You love to talk, are great at building relationships and confident in making decisions.
- You have a strong understanding of local and national PR, and are familiar with consumer lifestyle titles, plus MICE media.
- You’re target-driven, with a dedicated approach to getting the job done. Not because you have to… because you care.
- You’re creative, a great writer with meticulous attention to detail and glowing grammar.
Sound like you?
Say hello! Send over your CV along with an outline of your travel PR experience and anything you think will impress us. We’ll be in touch when a new role arises that we think you’ll love…
Hospitality Marketing Legends
We’d love to meet marketeers with personalities as big as their career ambitions. You’ll already be interested in travel and have done your homework on the hospitality and digital marketing sectors. You might even be able to tell us a few interesting insights you’ve discovered along the way.
- A confident communicator, you’ll be ready to pick up the phone and establish relationships with clients. You’re great on the phone, so you come across as cool, calm and super efficient.
- You understand the basics of online marketing and how a marketing strategy aligns with a sales process.
- Your witty way with words and creative flair means you’ll develop your skills to create campaigns that smack impact and capture the right attention.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions. Lots of questions. Because you love exploring things that little bit further.
- You want to work for a Marketing and PR agency that rewards hard work, dedication and bags of passion with a fun office culture, career progression and plenty of perks.
Sound like you?
Say hello! Send over your CV along with an outline of your experience and we’ll come back to you when a role arises that we think you’ll love.
Cups of tea you'll drink in a year
Likelihood you'll be offered cake
No. of really bad puns from Stuart this year
Don’t Take Our Word For It…
“I spent my University year in industry placement working at Perception Sales and Marketing. The experience was a huge learning curve which enabled me to gain real life experience within the events industry and identify myself as a young professional. The knowledge gained throughout my year with Perception was vast and the exposure to clients and high level industry professionals was incredible.”
Alex Trown, Placement Student, Sheffield Hallam University
“Perception Sales & Marketing is a very fast paced business offering an excellent opportunity to grow your career within the hospitality industry. You will learn so much from Cath and Stuart whose passion and commitment to their clients is second to none. Jump in with both feet!”
Charlotte Drinkwater, Previously Account Director at Perception Sales & Marketing
“The Perception team think differently. They work hard, play hard and love what they do. I enjoyed working on some amazing luxury hotel accounts and learning about how to take creative marketing to the next level.”
Former Marketing Executive at Perception Sales & Marketing
Today we celebrate all things beer! June 15th – National Beer Day in the UK. Stuart shares a few tips picked up over the years on what to look for in the ‘Perfect Pint’read more
When Cath said she had booked a table at the beautiful country pub and hotel, The Vicarage to sample their afternoon tea, we were more than happy to oblige.read more
As it’s International Photography Day, we asked the team to show us their favourite snaps from our portfolio of unique hotels and epic event spaces…read more